Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The charming Francoise

Several weeks ago I had the blessing of meeting Francoise von Dwingelo. As you may recall from the previous blog I saw a show of her paintings on Vashon Island at Kronos. They are Paris cityscapes, absolutely charming in every way. They are what she calls naif, with that beautiful folkart quality, colorful and joyful. We spent a wonderful hour together drinking tea and talking. Francoise was born in Paris and lived there until she was 30 years old. She has lived in the U.S. since then, Long Island, Vermont and now Vashon. We talked about Paris and art and her children and our husbands. I felt like I was with an old friend. What a privilege to meet such a wonderful artist. Unfortunately she does not have a website, so you will have to go to Vashon to see her work. Don't miss it if you are there!

On a completely different note the studio is now open Wednesday - Saturday from 11-4. Other times by appointment of course. I have a ton of new work there, new lamps, the wonderful Yes earrings, lots of new ornaments and bobeche too (the candle rings). Please come see me as I can get quite lonely there in the basement all by myself!

No comments: