Sunday, July 27, 2008

INATS continued

More stories from the New Age International Trade Show......I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of vendors and products available at INATS. I found out "new age" covers alot of territory. For instance the booth next door to me had a mug with skulls and grim reapers on it and then it's all the way to the Buddha. Honestly. I met some great people there. The first day I met Tom And Alisha from Unity Village. She called it divine right timing - I guess so!!.. And then I had been carrying around a book with me for weeks by Susan Schumsky called Miracle Prayer. I knew she would be at the show signing books and so I was hoping I could get away from my booth to meet her. But then she walked right into my booth and signed my book for me. No standing in lines! How great was that? The other wonderful thing about the show was I got to stay with my cousin Kathy who I had not seen in 18 years. She totally rearranged her schedule to help me set up and tear down. I was not expecting that. What a blessing. And even though I have not seen her for 18 years or even been in much contact with her it was like not a day had passed. Just that wonderful deep family connection forged in childhood that cannot be broken. And I met her daughter AD who is two weeks younger than my son Bret. It was a treat to meet her as she is lovely inside and out in very way. I met many wonderful vendors and just folks walking around the show. Everyone seemed to appreciate my work and that felt good. All in all a great experience. The other miracle was I was able to drive around Denver without getting too lost. If you knew me you'd understand the depth of that miracle!

No comments: